Our theme this year
Don’t forget all competition entries MUST adhere to the show theme
This Cake contest is open to all sugar artists/cake decorators (Teen to Masters) ages 13 and over.
All contestants must register for the Cake Competition and for the Sugar Art Showcase.
Registrations Opens: February 18, 2017
Registration Close: April 24th, 2017
Competition Day: Saturday May 6th, 2017
- Cake Set-up: 8:00-9:30 am / Saturday May 6th, 2017
- Show Hours: 9:30 am – 5:00 pm / Saturday May 6th and Sunday May 7th, 2017
- Removal: After show on Sunday, May 7th, 2017.
- Teen (13-17)
- Adult Beginner (Less than 2 years decorating experience)
- Adult Intermediate (Developing skills. 2 + years cake decorating experience; 30 to 60 hours of cake decorating or sugar art instruction)
- Adult Advanced(4 + years cake decorating experience; 60 to 90 hours of cake decorating or sugar art instruction)
- Professional (Higher Skill level, 6+ years cake decorating experience)
- Masters ((Expert level, known to have mastered specific mediums and techniques. May be an instructor, or work in the sugar art business)
- CAKE (Tiered wedding)
- CAKE (Novelty tiered & Non-tiered)
- SCUPLTED CAKE (must be real cake, accompanied by 3 in progress photos)
- SUGAR ART (special techniques not on a cake such as chocolate work, flowers, royal icing, figurines, blown or pulled sugar work, etc.)
- COOKIES, CUPCAKES, and CAKEPOPS (must include 6 pieces, either identical or theme related)
Please review rules here.
COMPETITION ENTRY FEES
- First entry FREE w/paid weekend show admission
- $10 each additional entry
- Maximum of 3 entries per person
- SAS Event Registration fee must be included with Competition Entry Form. SAS Registration is $25 . Includes 1st. cake competition entry and entire weekend access to cake room, vendors, demonstrations, and more.[/su_list]
Please note there will be a $25 fee for all returned checks